Search the forum,

Discuss Self teaching in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Gbear1

-
Reaction score
Have just been told that I'm being made redundant at end of year and want to get into a trade. Something where I can pick my own hours and can teach my kids the trade. Don't really have the money or time to be going on big courses and was wondering how possible it is to self teach with tiling using things like forums and YouTube and just practing at home and family homes?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you loosing your job, it is possible to self teach yourself any new skill. And there is so much instructional information and videos out there. Just depends on how well you can pick up practical skills. Would say find someone to work with/labour for to learn the basics. Always focus on getting the right finish, use the right materials and don't worry about speed to begin with. Sometimes the best way to learn is to just get hand's on and go for it. Good luck 🤞 👍

Rae

-
Reaction score
Try and go with a tiler a few days aweek ,thats what i did while i was doing tiling at college,it was great experience learning from him ,good luck

Reply to Self teaching in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen