Currently reading:
Self Leveling Tips?

Discuss Self Leveling Tips? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

lve tried them and unless your floor is level already and you just need to raise the height these are good as a guide, but when your floor is all over the place there useless unless you buy the $1000 level. l normally use screws or window packers stuck down with rapid and compo and lasered off to desired height.
I'm planning to survey the floor with a laser,staff and steel rule and mark low spots, where the guide can be cut to desired length. I've gone the packer roue many a time and i'm hoping this will be quicker and more accurate.
Anyway, ill post how it goes.
What's the $1000 level?

I'm planning to survey the floor with a laser,staff and steel rule and mark low spots, where the guide can be cut to desired length. I've gone the packer roue many a time and i'm hoping this will be quicker and more accurate.
Anyway, ill post how it goes.
What's the $1000 level?
Yeah thats a good way time consuming though thats where that level comes in its a digital water level so you go round after you have found your highest spot and spray on the floor the different heights then cut the pegs to your marks. It doesnt work on UFH jobs. There is another company that does the pegs, based in the states if you put level pegs into google they will come up and theres videos on there. And besides they are expensive for what they are l paid £55 for 100 to try them out. But you might have a different view let us know how you get on :)

H

hmtiling

Yeah thats a good way time consuming though thats where that level comes in its a digital water level so you go round after you have found your highest spot and spray on the floor the different heights then cut the pegs to your marks. It doesnt work on UFH jobs. There is another company that does the pegs, based in the states if you put level pegs into google they will come up and theres videos on there. And besides they are expensive for what they are l paid £55 for 100 to try them out. But you might have a different view let us know how you get on :)
Yeah,I paid £39. Total rip off for some bits of plastic but it's critical I make the floor good after a poor concrete job.

Yeah,I paid £39. Total rip off for some bits of plastic but it's critical I make the floor good after a poor concrete job.
If you can spend time to play around with them but the job were on is a massive UFH job and rubbish ufh wouldnt stay down so they kept moving. I ended up doing it freehand and l surprised myself its all level bar a couple little dips, better lower than higher.

H

hmtiling

If you can spend time to play around with them but the job were on is a massive UFH job and rubbish ufh wouldnt stay down so they kept moving. I ended up doing it freehand and l surprised myself its all level bar a couple little dips, better lower than higher.
Yeah, I can see the problem there. A few on here bed electric ufh in a thick rapid set with a grout float before slc. That or a glue gun. My job is wet ufh, so won't have that issue.

Yeah, I can see the problem there. A few on here bed electric ufh in a thick rapid set with a grout float before slc. That or a glue gun. My job is wet ufh, so won't have that issue.
We did it in sections devi mat was used first which is good coz it stays down bar a few little bits, on the other s**te we ended up going round and duct taping down before pour but the mesh wants to pop up. If l put it down l would spray glued it but the sparky wasnt having any of it. Wet is the way to go if you have the room.

Reply to Self Leveling Tips? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement