Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing shower tray with Classi-Seal in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

andy_7

-
Reaction score
About to use Classi-Seal during a shower tray install for the first time. The instructions cover only up to adding the strip to the tray, and I have some questions for next steps:

1. When installing the tray, should I put something behind the blue strip which is in contact with the wall? I've marked this area with an asterisk in picture link below.

2. If so, should it be neutral cure silicon, or a sealant/adhesive? I assume it would be firmly pushed in to make a very thin film between the seal and the wall?

3. Does tile adhesive go over the blue section of Classi-Seal?

4. There is joint tape left over from the tanking kit. Should I put this over the joint between blue part of classi-seal and the wall? Or would this be risky in case of movement?
Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Shower Sealing.png

Reply to Sealing shower tray with Classi-Seal in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen