Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing natural stone & glass mosaic..? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jimmy81

Hi folks!

Got a couple of quick questions about sealing mosaic tiles. We've ordered some Classical Flagstones paris brick mosaic to use as an accent strip around the middle of the shower enclosure. This is a natural stone & glass mosaic and given it's natural stone, I figured it will need sealing.

However... I'm getting conflicting info on how to apply sealer. When I spoke to Classical on the phone they reckoned I could just apply the sealer across all the tiles. But some other advice I've read suggested you shouldn't apply the sealer to the glass tiles as it can damage the face.

So... First of all, has anyone applied sealer to glass tiles, and has it caused a disaster? :lol:

If we DO need to avoid the glass, there's no way we're applying tile-by-tile to the mosaic - so will it be OK just to blank off the glass tiles with masking tape?

Also had planned to apply the sealer before installing the tile - any thoughts for or against....?

Final question - not expecting too many answers here! - but my OH is keen to help out... But she's pregnant and obviously I'm keen she isn't exposed to anything nasty. I've had a look at the COSHH info for sealers but it's not left me any the wiser. I THINK it should be OK for her to do it provided it's in a very well ventilated room - but would appreciate any advice!

Thanks for your replies! :thumbsup:

W

White Room

You could have a look at this product which would allow low odour [DLMURL="http://www.ltp-online.co.uk/ltp-mattstone-h20_14.html"]LTP Mattstone H20 | LTP Online | Tile Cleaning, Sealing and Maintenance Products[/DLMURL].

Can't see why glass would be affected but try a sample on a spare glass mosaic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sealing natural stone & glass mosaic..? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen