Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CDS

Guys

Whats the best product for sealing grout on a kitchen splashback? Grout is Bal widejoint in white. Ideally a recommendation that doesn't stink the house out!!

Cheers Chris

O

Olz

244025105.jpg

I always use this, never had any comeback, i've used in on walls and floors.

C

CDS

Cheers Oli

Tiles are 10cm.sq ceramics with uneven / bevelled edges giving a 3-6mm grout line? Never used the stuff you suggest - Where can I purchase? Thanks Chris

O

Olz

Cheers Oli

Tiles are 10cm.sq ceramics with uneven / bevelled edges giving a 3-6mm grout line? Never used the stuff you suggest - Where can I purchase? Thanks Chris

HG > sales points

The spray on ones are good too, there easy to apply on walls in aerosol form, darren from nett used to sell one, not sure what it was called,

the HG one can be painted on with a brush or applied with the pippette supplied.

L

larmar

I,ve just tried an areosol called Sealgaurd and it seems quite good and easy to use , got it as a free bee from my local tile shop :drool5:

M

mags

HG > sales points

The spray on ones are good too, there easy to apply on walls in aerosol form, darren from nett used to sell one, not sure what it was called,

the HG one can be painted on with a brush or applied with the pippette supplied.

seal guard is the one Darren sells , its very good. Like the trick with the spraying one side of a kitchen roll and running it under the tap . once the client sees this try and stop them buying . ( another fine tip from Darren)

D

Daz

I,ve just tried an areosol called Sealgaurd and it seems quite good and easy to use , got it as a free bee from my local tile shop :drool5:

I sprayed a customers floor with Sealguard about a year ago. The customer reported back that it was rubbish and did nothing to protect the grout from dirt staining from her dogs.

Sealguard seems to be good at "pooling" water but seems to do little to stop long term staining?!?

Reply to Sealing Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen