Search the forum,

Discuss Sealant set onto tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonty

I'm new to tiling but I put white sealant into a corner movement joint and then tried to wipe the excess off but it went all over the surrounding tiles now the sealant has hardened and i cant get it off. I've tried an orbital sander but it leaves a black mark/burn on the tile. Any ideas how to remove this?

A

aejrd

u can rub dry grout powder on it that sometimes brings marks off if they r glazed tiles

D

DHTiling

Something like this from screwfix or other makes from DIY stores... will do the job no probs...handy stuff to carry with you....

100ml. Removes silicone and acrylic sealants without damaging adjacent surfaces.
http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/cat/40/p1214640_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rad2474

Next time after applying the silicone spray it with washing up liquid and water to stop it sticking where you don't want it.Then you can easily wipe it away.

G

Gazzer

Lol , Dave i dont think that will remove the burn marks from the orbital sander though. :mad2:

D

DHTiling

If its just the silcone gone black it will..if he has marked the tiles then they need replacing..........:grin:

Reply to Sealant set onto tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen