Search the forum,

Discuss Screed/Overboarding Question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello all.
I've got a question for people who know better on what to do with my floor. I thought it was T&G over substantial joists so my plan was overboard with ply, seal the joins and tile as I have for previous projects. However, I've gone to lift a board (as I want a radiator pipe putting under it) only to find that it's actually a solid floor (I assume screed) with batoning and the T&G pinned to the batons.
This makes me question my original plan.
Would I be better off lifting all the T&G and replacing with ply (or some other backer) then tiling or continuing with Plan A and just having T&G/ply/tiles?
I'll be using 90x15x0.9cm porcelain tiles if that helps.
Sorry if this is a n00b question, but I'm a bit of a n00b.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice,
Darren.

Attachments

• 20220712_141503.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Screed/Overboarding Question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen