Search the forum,

Discuss Rubi Wet Saw Not Cutting Straight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
My mate has a Rubi bridge cutter (no idea what model to be honest) and it doesn't cut straight either. You end up having to try to adjust the tile as it cuts. On a 400mm tile it wanders out by about 3mm/4mm. When you think how much these cutters cost....... :yikes:

C

Colin Richardson

For anyone else who has this issue with a 200 series gantry saw in the future: check to see if your blade is actually parallel to the track. I found that my blade had a 1.2mm discrepancy between the front of the blade and the back in relation to the track's path. The easiest way to correct this that I could find was to shim (0.4mm in my case) between the motor and the motor mount/carriage (painted red on my saw). It took a few rounds of trial and error but was worth it.

W

warren gg

Hi everyone,

I've got a rubi dw 200 lp wet saw with a Marxist blade for cutting marble and granite. I've tried to cut a stone tile which is 500mm by 500mm but the saw does not cut in a straight line. I'll be very grateful if someone can advise me on this.
if you was running it straight through in one go the blade maybe bending off course, mine was so i did few small runs to get a line then straight through and it followed the line

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got a rubi dw 200 lp wet saw with a Marxist blade for cutting marble and granite. I've tried to cut a stone tile which is 500mm by 500mm but the saw does not cut in a straight line. I'll be very grateful if someone can advise me on this.
The platform tile sits on is not running straight !wheels not tight etc etc ?.

Reply to Rubi Wet Saw Not Cutting Straight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen