Search the forum,

Discuss rubi 250 wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sc24

Hi, has anybody bought the new rubi 'diamant 250' wet saw? If you have, what are your comments on using the machine especialy cutting large format stone/porce. been having a few problems with it would be interested in hearing other users experiences.

D

DHTiling

I bought one in january and it is a great addition to my tool kit....dave....

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sc24

Our machine has been cutting out of square, have had to send it back to rubi for them to look at it. A local supplier are knocking them out at about £500 each with a spare wheel as a special offer, have always used sigma's before must admit not impressed at all with the rubi the cutting bed is to narrow and there seems to be to much 'wobble' in the cutting head another local tiler has the same problem.

C

crocotile

i was using my nephews a few weeks back and alot of cuts where off. we put it down to the tiles being out of square but now you mention it, it could be the cutter. spanish tiles where always crap, maybe spanish tools are hey??

should stick to a master tiler by plasplugs. ound for pound they are the best thing on the market. rubi are really overated in my opinion. alot of hype but quality is suspect>>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sc24

we finally got ours sorted after it going back to the factory for 2 weeks, came back it was still out of square, so the rep came to site and reset the measuring bar, also the cutting disc it comes supplied with is next to useless on anything but ceramic, I've found that invest in a better quality disc can make a big difference, its certainly not overated now its cutting true its a very good, powerful machine

Reply to rubi 250 wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen