Search the forum,

Discuss rodia or sigma wet saw ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mcquillantiling

looking to upgrade my wet saw and ive looked at the sigma 9 and 10 models and also the rodia sliding rail model , i think the sigma is my best option as it seems to cover all the different cuts that come up on different jobs ie external mitres and cutting tiles at 45* ,can anybody give me some advice as to which would be more suitable , ive seen the sigma in action but not the rodia and i dont know anyone who has a rodia cutter to get a demo

K

kaharrison9

Intresting thread as i am possibly looking into buying a Rodea overhead wet cutter.

Any thoughts plus or minus would be appreciated.

M

mcquillantiling

at the minute im using a sigma jolly 9L2 , worth every penny i have used some expensive blades for it to for cutting porcelain which seems to be 90% of what my customers want in their bathrooms and kitchens , need a bigger saw for larger format tiles and to cover me for contract work

D

DHTiling

The Rodia bridge saw will be good for stone work with larger tiles etc but for portability if you need it for smaller format L-cuts etc then maybe an all round table saw capable for the bigger job if required would suit best.

IMO bridge saws are spot on site saws if a lot of repetitive cutting is being done but not that portable if doing bathrooms etc and not as lot of space to set a bigger wet saw up.

You would be best to decide what will be your main work for the wet saw.. Some times a simple table saw is sufficient for everyday use if you mainly tile with ceramics or porcelains but then a heavier duty machine for stone work.. if you do both then think about a saw that will serve you for those projects

Ones worth thinking about are the Dewalt D24000 or a sigma 9P or 9M... if you want to get the daddy of table saws then the 10m is the one.. way up your options and buy wisely..

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Dave, do you have the Dewalt? I'm still umming and arring about which cutter to go for, and i've just heard that a friend of a friend works for Dewalt, and should be able to get me a good deal... i'm also thinking about a Sigma 9, but it'll probably come down to price in the end (because i'm cheap lol!) My day to day work is bathrooms, mostly porcelain or stone, with some ceramic thrown in here and there.

D

DHTiling

Dave, do you have the Dewalt? I'm still umming and arring about which cutter to go for, and i've just heard that a friend of a friend works for Dewalt, and should be able to get me a good deal... i'm also thinking about a Sigma 9, but it'll probably come down to price in the end (because i'm cheap lol!) My day to day work is bathrooms, mostly porcelain or stone, with some ceramic thrown in here and there.

Yes i have the Dewalt , it is a truly good saw , the only down side is the motor arm that only allows around a 315mm cut to the left of the table.. so is awkward for L-cuts but is easily overcome...but a good powerful saw and could not be without it.

I also have the 9p and this too is a very good cutter and cheaper than the dewalt if budget is an issue.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Yes i have the Dewalt , it is a truly good saw , the only down side is the motor arm that only allows around a 315mm cut to the left of the table.. so is awkward for L-cuts but is easily overcome...but a good powerful saw and could not be without it.

I also have the 9p and this too is a very good cutter and cheaper than the dewalt if budget is an issue.

How do you overcome this? Run that cut on a smaller table saw? I'll no doubt still have the ND180BL (I doubt Rubi will refund me), as i assume i'll need another saw to run alongsinde the dewalt (as it cuts from above), for finishing L cuts/Plunge cuts. I haven't had any joy finding prices for the sigma wet saws, so no idea what the 9P is going for!?!

D

DHTiling

To overcome the L-cut issue , you can cut upside down to allow the smaller side to pass the arm or use a grinder , but all L-cuts on the dewalt need the checks finished off with a table saw or grinder..

The 9P sells for around £600 ..

K

kaharrison9

Turning into an excellent thread is this.

I have used the Dewalt on 3-4 occasions,so powerfully and overall very well designed but i find the motor arms position is enough to possibly sway me towards an overhead cutter.

The 9p can be purchased from Diatech £664 exc.

Is there any minus with the sigma or does it have the edge in all depatments.

Reply to rodia or sigma wet saw ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen