Search the forum,

Discuss Ridged Porcelain Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

harrylime

I am tiling a shower cubicle with porcelain tiles (they are called forward tiles) . The feature tiles are ridged horizontally at about half inch intervals. I am not having huge success cutting to width (so I am cutting at right angles to the ridges). I bought a Sigma 3B3 tile cutter as they seem to be well regarded and they are claimed to be good with uneven tiles, but I am not getting a clean cut. I am also getting a chip at the beginning of the cut.
The sigma instructions are next to useless, and do not describe how to adjust for depth of cut etc. I practised on some scrap tiles with no problems but I think they are ceramic.
I would be very grateful for any suggestion, chaps.

H

harrylime

many thanks to those who took the time to respond. Is it possible to get a reasonably cheap wet cutter and buy a good diamiond blade for it? If so, any recommendations? The angle grinder is also a possibility, as I need a diamond blade for my angle grinder to cut the tile around the WC outlet. Should the blade be segmented or not for my porcelain tiles? (really trying to do my research, the ridge tiles were a spontaneous purchase)

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
many thanks to those who took the time to respond. Is it possible to get a reasonably cheap wet cutter and buy a good diamiond blade for it? If so, any recommendations? The angle grinder is also a possibility, as I need a diamond blade for my angle grinder to cut the tile around the WC outlet. Should the blade be segmented or not for my porcelain tiles? (really trying to do my research, the ridge tiles were a spontaneous purchase)
Get the correct blade from ATS. you will find them here or they have an ebay shop. brilliant blades and a great price and will advise on the correct one.

H

harrylime

I understand that a decent wet saw would be expensive. I thought about using my angle grinder woth a batten clamped to the tile for a staright edge. If I use my angle grinder, is the idea to cut part way through, then use the breaker on my dry cutter, or is it better to cut all the way through? Really appreciating this feedback

Reply to Ridged Porcelain Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen