Discuss Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

wivers

Re: Review : Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter..

Thats the cutter i have Dave. Didn't like it a first but its grown on me now.

A

andy63

Hi everyone

I have the 180 BL cutter and although reasonably satisfied with it think the following could be improved, certainly for porcelain tiles.
1. water reservoir awkward to remove as you have to lift the machine up to bring it out at an angle thus pouring any remaining water over the floor.
2. guide difficult to line up with blade. guide screws soft and once you have taken it off a few times they get ragged and difficult to re-tighten.
3. fence not extendable so not so easy to cut the 600x300 tiles that i have.

I would be interested to know how to cut out socket holes, looks tricky to me!

cheers andy

D

DHTiling

I would be interested to know how to cut out socket holes, looks tricky to me!

Just un-screw the guard from the blade and plunge cut the tile over the top of the blade..

L

Lawrence147

Hi Andy

I have a ND myself and in answer to your points:

1. Water resevoir IS awkward to remove - do you have a Lakeland Plastics near you. I found a plastic tray (60cm X 42cm) originally used for cleaning oven shelves, to sit the cutter in - job done.

2. Go to Ikea for replacement screws (the ones that screw wardrobes together - they fit perfectly) for the guard, but you should only need to loosen them to get the guard out

3. Nothing you can do about that am afraid - Only a basic line model.

As Dave says, unscrew the guard for socket holes.

I can post pics if needed.

Hope this helps.

Lawrence

A

andy63

Thanks for the tips chaps, it is a reasonable cutter all in all maybe the porc is at the top end of its limits?
I have ordered a new blade just in case.

Is it easy to hold the tile steady while doing plung cuts? Guess I will find out!

cheers

Andy

beanz

TF
Reaction score
3. fence not extendable so not so easy to cut the 600x300 tiles that i have.

What is the fence!?! I'm just curious, as i'm thinking about getting one of these cutters, as my spindle is no longer straight on my Master Tiler, but i don't like the idea of being hampered when it comes to larger tile sizes..

D

DHTiling

you can cut what ever length you can push through the machine beanz..it is an open flat bed cutter...they cut 600mm tiles all day long..:)

Reaction score
Anybody using one of these at the moment?

I'm looking to ditch my Master and get another small cutter to go with the D24000 (Did I tell anyone I've just got a D24000?:lol:)

Looking at this one, the Rubi ND125 or the Siri Briccy.......

Think the 125 might be a bit lightweight.

Last edited:
R

richard Kent

Good morning everyone I can highly recommend Trade Tiler.
I have now placed two orders with Dave and all has gone well unlike a few other internet orders I have placed.
I would normaly go with the cheapest price and to my dismay this has proven to be not the best idea.
Once again if you want quality service go with Trade Tiler

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi merle i use a lbl 180,its fine for most jobs to be honest you will of course need to buy a good blade for it as the one it comes with is basic:thumbsup:

Reply to Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks