Discuss Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hiya kev, to be honest it is a basic line model as it says on the tin but with a decent blade installed it has coped with most average sized jobs ive done,

one thing i would do if i was you kev when you get it the screws holding the waste tray in place are not stainless steel and rust i had an issue with this and replaced with betteer quality screws after the old ones had to be drilled out, apart from that the water spray is fine its not bad and noise its just the same as any average cutter mate,the flatbed isnt as large obviouslt as the other wet cutters from rubi

Reaction score
hiya kev, to be honest it is a basic line model as it says on the tin but with a decent blade installed it has coped with most average sized jobs ive done,

one thing i would do if i was you kev when you get it the screws holding the waste tray in place are not stainless steel and rust i had an issue with this and replaced with betteer quality screws after the old ones had to be drilled out, apart from that the water spray is fine its not bad and noise its just the same as any average cutter mate,the flatbed isnt as large obviouslt as the other wet cutters from rubi

Cheers mate:thumbsup:

It's just for small jobs and splashies really, so sounds like it's good enough for that:thumbsup:

C

Ceramico tiling

mine started electrocuting me after a month.So with little respect for the machine I left it outside in its case for a wk..now it doesent work at all,,just an absolute waste of £150...maybe I had a faulty one and prop shouldnt have left it outside

beanz

TF
Reaction score
mine started electrocuting me after a month.So with little respect for the machine I left it outside in its case for a wk..now it doesent work at all,,just an absolute waste of £150...maybe I had a faulty one and prop shouldnt have left it outside

Ive just bought one of these cutters, and mine gives me occasional shocks too!?!
After upgrading from my old plasplugs master tiler, i have to say i'm pretty dissapointed... The cutting is no better than the Master Tiler, and it's missing a lot of features. You can't remove the water reservoir without throwing the water everywhere. It doesn't recycle the water, so you have to top up every two cuts. I've just finished my 2nd job with this cutter, and the "stainless" steel bed is going rusty already!
Just seem to be paying for the name, as it was about twice the price of my old cheapo cutter, and half as good. It doesn't make me want to upgrade to an even more expensive Rubi flatbed cutter... :-/

D

DHTiling

Twas a few year back this one.. :lol:..

Then i saw the light :) and the light was Blue!!...:smilewinkgrin:

C

Ceramico tiling

Ive just bought one of these cutters, and mine gives me occasional shocks too!?!
After upgrading from my old plasplugs master tiler, i have to say i'm pretty dissapointed... The cutting is no better than the Master Tiler, and it's missing a lot of features. You can't remove the water reservoir without throwing the water everywhere. It doesn't recycle the water, so you have to top up every two cuts. I've just finished my 2nd job with this cutter, and the "stainless" steel bed is going rusty already!
Just seem to be paying for the name, as it was about twice the price of my old cheapo cutter, and half as good. It doesn't make me want to upgrade to an even more expensive Rubi flatbed cutter... :-/
Yeah that Rubi Cutter is in the skip now. And I still have my B and Q specials in the shed from many years ago that cost 1/4 the price.I do remember it being awful. Water everywhere and fearing for my life with every cut. Poor design,inferior product and with that £150 cutter the Rubi name cost me £100. Because a cheapo for £50 would still be working today..

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah that Rubi Cutter is in the skip now. And I still have my B and Q specials in the shed from many years ago that cost 1/4 the price.I do remember it being awful. Water everywhere and fearing for my life with every cut. Poor design,inferior product and with that £150 cutter the Rubi name cost me £100. Because a cheapo for £50 would still be working today..

I had one of those RUBI BL crap things rusting after a week! Got my money back quick smart.in the old catalogue
They advertised it as a stainless steel bed?.. Just bought a cheapo £35 from Topps just for kitchens does the same job... rubi are junk!! :(
Sigma is wat u need :)

G

Gazzer

I had one of those RUBI BL crap things rusting after a week! Got my money back quick smart.in the old catalogue
They advertised it as a stainless steel bed?.. Just bought a cheapo £35 from Topps just for kitchens does the same job... rubi are junk!! :(
Sigma is wat u need
:)

Dont hold back there Andy ! :lol:

Reply to Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks