Search the forum,

Discuss Review: Dewalt D24000 Tile saw. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

its also worth pointing out that the price of the montolit blade is based on its longevity aswell as its performance, so if you get a superior blade and a a superior life expectancy, then these are factors that need to be considered too...

i havent used the the dna blade so i cant comment but i do use other montolit blades and i know for sure, that they are better quality than dewalt whether thats on their angle grinders, handheld wet saws or the mark 1 dewalt...

dewalt did bring a newer blade out on the mark 2, so i will see what that throws up ;0)

i dont think theres any special treatment for monti on here. its a mixed bag. every brand has it fors and against, and every brand has its own league of supporters...its those damn sigma users that are biased lol ;0)

This is also true, there is over twice the amount of meat on the DNA blade..

Furtek

TF
Reaction score
So guys I think I need to change my relationship status on facebook :drool5:, but don't say anything to my fiancee :wink_smile:

Can't say too much after first use except that than I love This TOOL! It's worth every penny I've spend on it !

Heavy duty, accurate, easy to clean, easy to carry around site, and many more things which I gonna post in the future.

Much bigger than I expected. (Weird, but this is a good and bad thing )
Lovely clean cut on 10 mm slate tile, still using original DeWALT blade.
I've got a small movements on sliding table, probably need to adjusts few screws/bolts.

K

Kia tiling

Had the Dewalt for about a year now and and thoroughly pleased.

I have and use both blades. Different jobs/tiles require different subtleties, so I would suggest the ideal is to have the choice.

There are a few annoying niggles like I find the backstop/fence too short, but nothing I can't modify when I have the time.

Overall very recommended...

J

Jeff the tiler

Dave How easy was it to clean down afterwards. his is my big bug bear at the moment with bridge saws etc.

D

DHTiling

Piece of cake , used to have a Rubi DW250n rail saw and that was a right pain to clean down.

K

Kia tiling

I break me Dewalt down lay it out and hose it down. Not that much of an inconvenience really...

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I finally got a Dewalt, and have used it on a couple of small Trav floors. The rail is slightly out, and needs a little tweak, but apart from that, i'd say it's a pretty awesome machine! Just using the standard Dewalt Blade at the moment, which was chipping the Trav at 1st, until i realised i wasn't going deep enough. One tiny adjustment later, and i have to mark the tiles to know which is the cut edge!
I'd be interested to hear if you used the Dewalt Blade on Porcelain Dave? I looked at the DNA, but the price scared me off lol!

D

DHTiling

I finally got a Dewalt, and have used it on a couple of small Trav floors. The rail is slightly out, and needs a little tweak, but apart from that, i'd say it's a pretty awesome machine! Just using the standard Dewalt Blade at the moment, which was chipping the Trav at 1st, until i realised i wasn't going deep enough. One tiny adjustment later, and i have to mark the tiles to know which is the cut edge!
I'd be interested to hear if you used the Dewalt Blade on Porcelain Dave? I looked at the DNA, but the price scared me off lol!

Yes it cuts anything but since doing this review I have found a better blade and a better price.

The 86c. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reply to Review: Dewalt D24000 Tile saw. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen