Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Retrofit wet ufh under existing floor. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Been to a house this week. The owner wants a tiling quote to tile the ground floor of a house with 60x60 porcelain tiles over screeded wet ufh. The problem I have is that the 80sqm of ground floor consists of 8 rooms mostly over floorboards and a kitchen over a concrete floor.

The owner is getting quotes for taking up existing floorboards and digging up the concrete kitchen floor. Then filling it all again with insulation/concrete/wet ufh and then screed.

I don't actually want do the tiling because I know it will be an absolute nightmare due to the customer and type of 1930's house. The customer has (in the past) gone for cheap cheap cheap and most of the tiles in the utility room have cracked to the point that you can not go in there with bare feet! The kitchen tiles are also hollow. So I can bet my bottom dollar that any work prior to tiling will be the cheapest quote.

I have never come across this scenario before. Is it something that anyone else has seen/done?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you get on with this mate? It appears we've had a bit of a revolt going on on the forum.

Can you not just let the customer dig it all up, lay UFH and screed then give you a bell to tell it?

Reply to Retrofit wet ufh under existing floor. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks