Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Rubi TX900N with Sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I've always been Rubi, but have been thinking of switching!

I am happy with my TX900N but I am totally bamboozled with which Sigma model would be the best replacement.

I'm not sure if I could get my head around the "pull" type but need a similar size cutter.

A bit miffed that only the mid range Sigmas have cases available for them or am I missing something?

Help & suggestions appreciated!

W

White Room

I could'nt get used to pull handle as I had Rubis so changed mine for a forward action klick klock....

W

White Room

Just to add I bought a 900mm Sigma and it was a max, just felt I got to much bounce when breaking a long cut so changed that for a klick klock as well, they work for me but others may have different views.

S

Sigma UK

I've always been Rubi, but have been thinking of switching!

I am happy with my TX900N but I am totally bamboozled with which Sigma model would be the best replacement.

I'm not sure if I could get my head around the "pull" type but need a similar size cutter.

A bit miffed that only the mid range Sigmas have cases available for them or am I missing something?

Help & suggestions appreciated!

Hello Geoff, The original handle "Standard" is pull towards you but you can change them to what you want. MAX is push and so is the Klick klock. None of the cutters come with a case but you can get a standard case that will fit any cutter up to 75cm with a bit of room to spare.

O

One Day

They don't need a handbag with them like Rubis. They are robust enough to chuck in the van without much care - although I'm sure we all look after our tools eh?!
All mine are max handles from 40cm to 123cm and all work brilliantly.

S

Stef

As above no need for a box,
These are 2 of my Sigmas in the van,
yhy8ymub.jpg

ubysuje6.jpg

I would go for the 3DM, it's a push cut as I can't get on with a pull cut Sigma.

O

On one

They don't need a handbag with them like Rubis. They are robust enough to chuck in the van without much care - although I'm sure we all look after our tools eh?!
All mine are max handles from 40cm to 123cm and all work brilliantly.
Fearing the worst being without a case, I kept the corrugated cardboard box that my 3DM came in and beefed up the corners with gaffer tape. Works for me!

O

On one

yhy8ymub.jpg

ubysuje6.jpg

I would go for the 3DM, it's a push cut as I can't get on with a pull cut Sigma.
Hi Stef. Same as mine,but i have the pull. A bit strange coming from a Rubi user, but I persevered and wouldn't be without it.

T

TJ Smiler

yhy8ymub.jpg

ubysuje6.jpg

Is the back of your van always that clean or did you tart it up just for this photo mate :lol:

Reply to Replacing Rubi TX900N with Sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen