Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Tiles Laid On No More Ply in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Butch

I need to remove a few porcelain tiles laid over no more ply on wooden flloring using mapei adhesive so as to gain access to some onder-floor services. Any tips on the best way to achieve this? Thanks for any help.
Butch

S

StevieBoy

When I remove floor tiles, I disc cut down the grout joints carefully but use a Hoover to catch the dust, then starting at one corner break it out with a hammer and chisel.

M

Mr Tiler

I rake grout out using a stanley blade, smash tile with round edge of my hammer slowly and then use hammer and chisel slowly

B

Butch

When I remove floor tiles, I disc cut down the grout joints carefully but use a Hoover to catch the dust, then starting at one corner break it out with a hammer and chisel.

Thanks for yor help, StevieBoy

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Same as but out from the middle so as not to catch chisel on any surrounding tiles

B

Butch

If possible, go in from the ceiling underneath, it'll be loads cheaper to patch a ceiling than repair the floor.

Thanks for the reply, Bri. Unfortunately it is a ground floor kitchen with no access under the floor.
Butch

Reply to Removing Tiles Laid On No More Ply in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen