Search the forum,

Discuss Removing scuff marks from black floor tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Frazer Gould

I have laid some black floor tiles which have a slightly textured semi-matt finish. They are as hard as any I have ever used and a B**** to cut but they are now down. To my horror they scuff very easily and where I fitted the toilet there are some marks in the tile surface. I am not sure if they are ceramic or porcelain but they are Spanish. Any ideas how I might cover the marks with polish or similar? No suggestions of carpet etc please as these are part of a larger project and must look the dogs do-da's.
I am now being ultra careful but what is done needs to be undone!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the marks?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You could try a ceramic rubber.

F

Frazer Gould

Do you have a picture of the marks?
I don't have a picture but they are basically small marks where the top surface has been removed. They are mostly less than 0.5mm but in small groups where I adjusted the position of the toilet. They are not huge scratches or actual chips.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any plumbing merchant or Screwfix etc.

It won’t help if you have actually damaged the tile surface though.

Reply to Removing scuff marks from black floor tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen