Search the forum,

Discuss regrout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
My mate would like me to regrout his bathroom. It will be a very painstaking and fiddly job as he has mosaics running linear.

My question is, are there any really good grout cleaners out there that will take it back to its original, or as close as possible, state? Hopefully eradicating the need for a regrout.

Otherwise I'll be putting it off long as possible !!!

B

bugs183

Don't know much about cleaners but have a look at Exact saws. Ebays good for them.
Great pice of kit Cam.
Adjustable depth, and a really nifty vacuum attachment.
Looks gimmicky, but i watched one being used and its a very accurate piece of kit.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Ah yes I have seen this used on the advert ! It did look good, very gimmicky however if it does what it says on the tin and is of good build then maybe worth a punt.

Has anyone used a Vitrex grout out ?

P

prceramics

Ah yes I have seen this used on the advert ! It did look good, very gimmicky however if it does what it says on the tin and is of good build then maybe worth a punt.

yes i have used it works really well if the grout is crumbly lol

B

bugs183

I normally use a fein multimaster, but the exact saw was much much quicker for removing grout, great for patching etc.

I

Ian

The vitrex grout out is pants! Have you considered the grout colourants? I've used them a few times now and they are very good.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone 5

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Ive used a colourant in the same bathroom and in the wet areas in wore away after two months.

Which brand of colourant do you use and what is the application process ?

In the dry area it was acceptable but the grouting in the first place was below pro standard.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Is it just dirty? The grout i mean. Or does it need digging out and re-doing. I done a large-ish kitchen floor earlier in the year. Someone had fixed the tiles well but used ivory grout and didn't use any protector on the lines.
I brought FILA's grout cleaner and found it excellent. Brought it up as good as new. I hate racking out, even with the multitool, would much sooner clean and protect if the grouting's good.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Hi cam I've got the Vitrex grout remover and its earned me a few quid!!its a good tool for the right job. The grout colour ants are ok if the grouting has been done properly? If the grouts to high it won't work!!!just wipes back off ;)

Reply to regrout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen