Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout job. Is my tiler removing enough old grout? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

tp01

TF
Reaction score
Getting a bathroom regrouted, bit concerned tiler has only taken the top layer of old grout out. Thought at least 3mm of tile sides needed exposing for the new grout to adhere? Please let me know your opinions.

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Improper done, should be raked all the way through, more work of course but worth doing

P1120317 (1).JPG P1120321.JPG P1120337 (1).JPG

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Thats quite the small joint.

I'm assuming you meant oscillating tool, and there are thinner grout removal blades that can deal with such joints.

You don't need it all out, 2-4mm is ample.

Good luck !

tp01

TF
Reaction score
Thanks all for your comments. Yes, it's an oscillating tool. As suggested by cam_low I think part of the problem is that his grout removal blade is too wide for the joints. He's worried about chipping the tiles so isn't going deep enough. Don't know why he doesn't get a thinner blade.

Last edited:

Reply to Regrout job. Is my tiler removing enough old grout? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen