Search the forum,

Discuss Refurbished My wet saw in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have just completed the refurbishment of my Stayer CER 400 wet saw , I bought the saw 4 1/2 years ago and have used it half a dozen times on big stone and porcelain jobs but have been disappointed with the machine as it cut off of square ,i changed the original blade to a marcrist ck850 blade form trade tiler which wandered terribly on porcelain and completely put me off of the machine ,The factory fitted adjustment bolts had rusted into the body of the saw which also meant that the saw had litlle adjustment and could not be set for mitres so a couple of months ago I decided to have a go at refurbishing the machine with a view to selling it and buying a Raimondi Zoe , I finally completed it today and am very happy with the results, so happy I wont now be selling it
firstly I needed to drill out the rusted bolts and replace them with new stainless steel ones and butterfly wing nuts ,I then bought an Irwin laser arbor in order to generate a laser line which i had to fit a spacer to and file it out to fit the threaded spindle of the machine ,next I bought a 300mm porcelain blade after speaking to a guy who had been supplying tiling machinery for over 30 years he also advised me on which blade to buy to deal inorder to reduce the wander
I tried a few test cuts today about 5 on porcelain and a couple on ceramic and they turned out perfect here is some video I took this afternoon of the completed project , all I need now is a new rubber stopper and it will be better than new [video=youtube;D8RClS7T2Fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8RClS7T2Fg[/video]

S

Spud

I got the laser arbor from Ebay it need a reducer fitted and the batteries replaced but does give a good beam for about 2m

S

Spud

Are the wing nuts nyloc ? might want to think about it if not, what with the vibration and all, apart from that, great job :thumbsup:
I have spring washers on them didnt want locking ones as it neds to be accessible for cleaning,I will see how I go with them and may change them to nylock ones if needed thanks for the tip:thumbsup:

A

Aston

looks good mr walsh.
its a nice feeling when you save yourself money and make something work that didnt.
if i send you my laptop could you fix my blue screen fault lol ;0)

Reply to Refurbished My wet saw in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen