Discuss Random photo from your day in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bathrooms ready to tile...
Is it hell as like...
IMG_20171219_074128.jpg

IMG_20171219_074132.jpg

And the best bit......
The customer wondered why it took 3 hours to run a bath........
It could be something to do with your dumb *** plumber kinking the pipe..!!
IMG_20171219_143513.png

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When I looked at the job she told me all the walls would be prepared ready for tiling, by her A1 do it all tradesmen....

But He's totally messed everything up..... And now he's not answering her calls...
Will they ever learn...??

T

Tile Shop

So me and my little helpers were supposed to start the smallest kitchen in the world yesterday. Didn't happen due to other stuff going on. Finally got started this morning. Chopped the old tiles off which was easy as they were tiled on paint. Tried scraping the rest of the paint where we were supposed to be tiling and it was stuck solid. So tried the old ready mixed tile adhesive softening tried an that worked a dream. Primed and mixed up some norcros slowset and off they went. So heres the pics so far. Not bad for a group of people that have never tiled before. Will finish the walls and do the floor tomorrow.

20171218_111832.jpg 20171218_111837.jpg 20171219_105526.jpg 20171219_105654.jpg 20171219_144207.jpg 20171219_174045.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Are you sure Andy? It really does look like the old solid plastered wall, then mosaic tile, then plasterboard and then skimmed plaster with old tile adhesive on

F

Flintstone

EE5BA081-7364-428F-A1F7-ED26AC973E72.jpeg
Been using schluter trendline trims today, lovely. Nothing else like them. I know there’s a big trend for mitres at the moment, but the customer didn’t want that

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are you sure Andy? It really does look like the old solid plastered wall, then mosaic tile, then plasterboard and then skimmed plaster with old tile adhesive on
I'm going back in the new year once the taps sorted so I'll check...... But it looked like some kind of backing board... Hardie??..... Houses were built by the council, so they might of waterproofed the walls... But why sandwich it behind the p/b ??
To be honest I was so peed off with wasting a day I didn't take much notice..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So me and my little helpers were supposed to start the smallest kitchen in the world yesterday. Didn't happen due to other stuff going on. Finally got started this morning. Chopped the old tiles off which was easy as they were tiled on paint. Tried scraping the rest of the paint where we were supposed to be tiling and it was stuck solid. So tried the old ready mixed tile adhesive softening tried an that worked a dream. Primed and mixed up some norcros slowset and off they went. So heres the pics so far. Not bad for a group of people that have never tiled before. Will finish the walls and do the floor tomorrow.

View attachment 95633 View attachment 95634 View attachment 95635 View attachment 95636 View attachment 95637 View attachment 95638
That is a tiny kitchen..!!
You'll be had up for sexual assault if you're in there with a female colleague..

Reply to Random photo from your day in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay