Discuss Random photo from your day in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

G

GoneGuy

What's she like at taking tablets..?
Our dogs a nightmare.......
The vet showed me a way of just opening there mouth and shoving down there throat, they make it look so easy, I tried it and nearly lost a hand...!!
I used to put it in a bit of cheese, wrap it in
Meat.
If that didn’t work force the mouth open put tablets in and hold shut while massaging the throat

W

WetSaw

Because she's so greedy it's easy, if not a little unpleasant. Scoop a ball of wet dog food out of the tin with your fingers and mix the tablets in. Do that a couple of times and they're gone, especially with the other dog sitting next to her!

My last dog, a Great Dane, was unbelievably good with tablets. She had to have tablets before every meal and wouldn't start eating until she'd had them so even if you forgot she didn't! ( and it's really easy to get your hand in a mouth that size..) Sitting in the morning sun.JPG

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
One of my mums dogs has a slipped disk in her neck so we do something similar to what Adey said but she uses pate to smother the pills in.

Nothing worse than seeing a dog in pain knowing they can't tell you what's wrong :(

@pdc that great dane looks like a lovely dog!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used to put it in a bit of cheese, wrap it in
Meat.
If that didn’t work force the mouth open put tablets in and hold shut while massaging the throat
She would just eat the cheese and leave the tablet !! .... She has never been a food orientated dog, training her has been a struggle too...

W

WetSaw

I've done the cheese thing ( cheese slices work well ) but my dog is on a special ( read expensive!) diet and really want to try and give her every chance.

W

WetSaw

@pdc that great dane looks like a lovely dog!

She was absolutely stunning in every way. Very difficult to begin with but once I had her trust she was so well behaved and obedient and a pleasure to have around.
Totally destroyed me when we lost her.
20171101_161809.jpg

F

Flintstone

There not daft, out cat has a flea tablet once a month and it’s not easy. I find If you get him wound up and really wanting treats then give one treat at a time, then the tablet cheese ball they take it without caution

Reply to Random photo from your day in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay