Search the forum,

Discuss Rained before grouting in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi. My tile installer came to install tile on my outdoor patio. He used Mapeguard CL, and added all the tiles on top. Did not cover in any way. Along came a tropical storm within 24 hours, so it is completely soaked. What does he need to do? Is the Mapeguard ruined? Does it need to dry out? Does the tile and underneath need to dry out? Does he need to start over? I don't want him to just show up tomorrow and start grouting with everything being so wet, and then have issues later. I don't know enough about this to know what he is supposed to do. Help?

Reaction score
As long as everything has cured for 24 hrs I personally don't see any problem with vacuuming up the standing water if there is any and grout it.. if it's a very light colored grout then I may wait a day or so to grout because if or where standing water had been after vacuuming there may be some dirty water that gets pushed up and into the grout and could discolor it .. if its epoxy grout wait till it's completely dry,, same with urethane grout..

Reply to Rained before grouting in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen