Search the forum,

Discuss Quote, seems expensive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jgw1

Hi all,

had as a quote for Tiler to lay 18.5 squared meters of 60cm by 30cm porcelain. Quote is £**** Includes grout, adhesive and boarding out in hardibacker.

This seems expensive but the guy comes recommended, I appreciate that porcelain is more expensive to fit because of the adhesive and the cutting. Plus the guys work examples look great.

It works out at £** a square meter. Ouch. Is that a rip off or for a professional is that what I should expect to pay. It's down south if that figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Sorry no pricing in the open forum but can be discussed via a PM.

If your not happy with the quote could you not get prices from other tilers.

R

Rookery

As a rule, my prices are done on a day rate. I don't charge extra for porcelain as the adhesive and cutting is the same as for ceramic. I would charge more if there was some drilling involved such as in a bathroom.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i disagree with your comment about addy being the same for ceramics and porc , not all addy is suitable for porcelain imo . or am i missing somet

R

Rookery

Well I only use powdered adhesives and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority are modified ones ie suitable for porcelain.

M

m3fitter

we use powdered adhesive suitable for everything, always.. flexible, porc bond and usually white, unless dark grout.. no prices, but we charge the same for wall tiling, and a different cost for floor tiling... and more for niches... sometimes windows, trimwork, step work.. radius work.. every job is different..

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i only ever use powdered adhesives , but there not all suitable for porcelain , that was my point .

trust me i know what im talking about , i think lol

W

WetSaw

Just get another quote or 2 if you're not happy then you'll have something to compare!

Reply to Quote, seems expensive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen