Search the forum,

Discuss Quote for floor prep and tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Afternoon All.

Thanks for everybody who have put input in up to know.

Time to put a quote together and interested what figures folk would be putting in.

Take up 90m2 of stone and 12mm ply and dispose of.

Overboard with hardiebacker with Ditra on top.

Fit natural stone running through 3 rooms and all meeting up, expansion joints in 4 doorways.

Seal and grout.

This is an insurance job so needs to be on top to cover for any unforeseen scenarios.

Cheers guys.

Kevin

O

Old Mod

Fit natural stone running through 3 rooms and all meeting up, expansion joints in 4 doorways.

Seal and grout.

Kevin
what stone is it, d'u know what sizes?
Are u familiar with it, d'u have machinery to cut?
Are there any probs logistically?
Are u against clock?
D'u need skip license? 8yd skips here are around £260
3 rolls decoupling £550
U think two man 10 days rip out poss?
How long to re board and lay decoupling plus materials?
Did a similar size floor last yr in a house, two large rooms plus hallway with decoupling on a good flat floor and used approx 40 bags of adhesive I think.

K

kaharrison9

Good chance the stone will be around the 600 mm size, not a problem cutting and installing, biggest issue is how the 12mm will come up and may expose. It is a lived in house and the customer is prepared and aware of inconvience. Plan to use Ditra which I get for £720 for 3 rolls.

O

Old Mod

Can u not tell them there must be a contingency fund for any repairs required to sub floor?
Very difficult to price what u can't see unless u do some exploratory surgery first! Haha

J

jonnyc

Not very clear what you are quoting for.
do you have to supply all fixing materials and stone .
Or is it just a labour price to do works .
how thick is the hardie backer .12mm to fix let alone supply is labour intensive.
An insurance company would never supply the materials so you must be quoting a contractor to do the work.
Biggest problem is working out how long it will take to take ply and stone up.
I would do a test on small area and then give option of fixed price that would cover very worst scenario and option of day rate with estimated time needed based on your trial.
chalker if you price is for labour only then could be a while to cover cost of your beautiful new van !!!!

K

kaharrison9

The quote is to be based on all worst scenarios and any work carried out on the floorboards or joists are not quoted for.

I am supplying all materials,adhesive,cement board,ditra,labour,etc the customer will be purchasing the stone.

As far as I gather you should use 6mm hardie on floors.

It is labour intensive, hind sight would be a great thing and why I am interested on what folk would put in for.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not very clear what you are quoting for.
do you have to supply all fixing materials and stone .
Or is it just a labour price to do works .
how thick is the hardie backer .12mm to fix let alone supply is labour intensive.
An insurance company would never supply the materials so you must be quoting a contractor to do the work.
Biggest problem is working out how long it will take to take ply and stone up.
I would do a test on small area and then give option of fixed price that would cover very worst scenario and option of day rate with estimated time needed based on your trial.
chalker if you price is for labour only then could be a while to cover cost of your beautiful new van !!!!
Didnt realise all materials were included. Was working out for labour only.
By the way that beautiful van on the other thread is someone else. Couldn't justify half of the cost.:thumbsup:

J

jonnyc

sorry mate . my mistake.
thats the trouble with trying to watch the first harry potter movie with my young son , explaining it , read the paper , follow this thread, think about helping with cooking the lunch and drinking a genouros g& t.

Reply to Quote for floor prep and tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen