Search the forum,

Discuss Questions about walking on DITRA in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I'm new here and a DIY'er. I've completed custom shower builds before using schluter products with great success. That being said this is my first installation of DITRA in my current bathroom reno. My question is around DITRA's durability before the tile is laid on it. As I'm working a demanding fulltime job while also trying to reno a bathroom I'm not sure I'll be able to lay the DITRA and then lay the tile on top within the same day.

Is it ok to walk on top of the DITRA without tile being on it? I worry foot traffic may squish down the plastic pockets. I could maybe lay some 1\8thin ply loosely on top of it to walk on before tiling if that would be better? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Reply to Questions about walking on DITRA in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen