Search the forum,

Discuss Question: fixing wc pan over ceramic tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GMSlater

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice on fixing a new wc pan over a ceramic tiled floor. The bathroom is upstairs, and the subfloor is chipboard overlaid with 19mm ply. I have the Fischer fixing kit, but this seems to be designed for fixing to a concrete floor?

The pan has a hole on either side for fixing to the "L" shaped plastic brackets, just not sure of best way to fix these down.

if there is a more suitable fixing kit I'm all ears :smilewinkgrin: thanks for the advice

George

S

Stewart

Just drill a 6 mm hole in the tile, then a 3 or 4 mm hole in the ply and use the bolt and washer out of the kit to fix the L-bracket. Don't forget to double check you measurements and positioning of the bracket before drilling.

G

GMSlater

Just drill a 6 mm hole in the tile, then a 3 or 4 mm hole in the ply and use the bolt and washer out of the kit to fix the L-bracket. Don't forget to double check you measurements and positioning of the bracket before drilling.

Thanks for your advice Stewart, makes good sense. And I will double, or even triple check my measurements!

George

I

Ian

Remember to check for pipes under the floor if you think the fixings will go deeper then the tile and substrate.

B

BWTiling

Stewart beat me to it!! It's a common fix that works perfectly! Had to do the same on a recent Bathroom Install.....

Reply to Question: fixing wc pan over ceramic tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen