Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz tile cutting and fitting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamieh2608

hello im new on here I have a question.

I am planning on fixing some quartz 10mm thick wall tiles around my fireplace. the fire is electric and not in use as we have central heating.

the tilesi am using are 300mm x 300mm x 10mm

I have measured up and will need only 7 tiles.

will the wall be ok to hold this and what is the best way to cut them and does anybody recommend a particular adhesive

thanks in advance for any suggestions

thanks

J

jamieh2608

Wet cut only really , Are they Quartz or Resin based?
What is the wall constructed from now. Either way you should be ok in this situation weight wise but you will need the correct adhesive.

hi the wall is made of plasterboard with a skim over it.

they are resin based I think not entirely sure ill have a check tonight when I get back.

what adhesive is best as im guessing standard tile adhesive wont be no good

Reply to Quartz tile cutting and fitting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement