Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz composite tiles - sealing advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clogman

New here, so apologies with getting straight into a request for help.

We've laid two floors with these composite (~95% quartz) tiles with a third going in soon. They look great after cleaning and a once-over with a mop, but when they dry the colour is nowhere near as deep as when they're slightly wet.

Is there a sealer I can apply that will bring the colour out the same way, but without making them dull?

I was looking at AquaMix Enrich 'n' Seal, as that seems to work with quartzite (is that the same as composite?) but it says it's no-sheen. Does that mean matte, or does it just mean it doesn't add any extra gloss to the surface?

One floor is kitchen, so needs to stand the occasional food spill, the other two are bathrooms so it should be waterproof.

Thanks for any advice and ideas.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
take a look at ltp products

colour intensifier and stain block, not 100% sure how it will work with quartz, im sure there will be more advice shortly

C

clogman

Thanks, I'll take a look. With three separate floors covered in this, I'd like to find something that helps keep it looking good.

Reply to Quartz composite tiles - sealing advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen