Search the forum,

Discuss Quarry tile bed thickness. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I am going to have to do remedial work to a quarry tiled floor. There is a pronounced dip in the floor that the tiler was supposed to have prepped but did not do so. I am going to take the tiles up in the area, and fill in the dip with floor levelling compound. The question i have is, if i use a 10mm notched trowel, what thickness bed will i be left with, so as to ensure that the new tiles will be level with the surrounding tiles. So i set the level of the self leveller correctly.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I am going to have to do remedial work to a quarry tiled floor. There is a pronounced dip in the floor that the tiler was supposed to have prepped but did not do so. I am going to take the tiles up in the area, and fill in the dip with floor levelling compound. The question i have is, if i use a 10mm notched trowel, what thickness bed will i be left with, so as to ensure that the new tiles will be level with the surrounding tiles. So i set the level of the self leveller correctly.
Depends on how far you depress the tile. Solid bed should give around a 3mm depth.

Reply to Quarry tile bed thickness. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen