Search the forum,

Discuss Protilers Fitting Porcelthin Tiles In Upminster! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

I went to a job the other day in upmister and had to prep it for Porcelthin tiles......
the floor was rough.......to say the least....
the client had lifted the Amtico.....and what was left was some cracked SLC.....Like this:

1-27.jpg

2-27.jpg

3-16.jpg

I stuck a flathead screwdriver into the SLC and a bit chipped up.........so I spent a while and removed all the blown screed......here is how I left it:

4-12.jpg

going back tommorrow to finish the job.....I do wish it was not fully painted and the skirting boards were on!!!!!
oh well..............I love a challange!
all the best
Lee

B

bugs183

Nice job there Sir!!!
Have you tried using gun grade instastik (from screwfix), its great for damming areas, such as doors etc. Really quick to apply and goes off fast.

P

Protilers

I will try to answer this in one post!!!!!...here we go:

the SLC is Weber floor flex.......it great stuff IMO....

I am not familiar with that product Bugs.....is it some sort of expanding foam?......I have done that a few times!....mainly on timber floors tho'!

and finally Bubble.....the base is on legs....and cranked up quite a way.....to give clearence for the trap!!!!..........just wish the plumber did the same with the toilet.......
you know the "bump"....on the bottom of a concealed back to wall pan......it is mm from the floor!!!!....I really have my work cut out on this one!!!!

all the best lads......thanks for taking the time to read my nonsense!

Lee

B

Bubblecraft

Just wasn't sure Lee. Thought this was to be a matching design as the toilet lol

P

Protilers

Just wasn't sure Lee. Thought this was to be a matching design as the toilet lol

I wish!...shower tray 180mm off the floor.....toilet bowl.....17mm off the floor.......I would not mind but the male in the house is over 6ft!!!!!!!

hehheheheee

B

bugs183

Here you go ProT:
Insta Stik Expanding Foam Grab Adhesive 750ml | NoLinksToThis
It's a slow(ish) expansion foam that is designed to stick plasterboard (i've not tried it for that), but it so usefull. It sticks anything together, doesn't expand like mad, and goes off in no time unlike normal expanding foam.
Get yourself a can and the gun and you'll use it for lots of jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Protilers

Evening All!!!!......

I have been working in outer nosebleed........got stuck in LOADS of traffic on M25.................it was like a car park!

anyway, here is what I did today, the tiles are 1200 x 600 x 4.8mm Porcelthin.....from FEET international (0207 394 9468)..........they have loads of stock of this kind of stuff!!!.....and much, much more!

oh....and I dont usually upload full res images......so please forgive the watermark!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

so there you go.......Hope you all like!!!!!

all the best

Lee

Reply to Protilers Fitting Porcelthin Tiles In Upminster! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen