Search the forum,

Discuss Profile edge in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Simac

-
Reaction score
Doing a backsplash above a cooker and will be boxing in using metal profile edging, my intentions were to tile right up to the profile edge. Is this the correct method or do I leave a gap in between for grouting.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have you tried using the search box on the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar question?

Simac

-
Reaction score
Have you tried using the search box on the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar question?
That I have and seems the conclusion is based on preference, I was going to go on the bases of putting the profile edge right up to the edge of the tile but then saw on social media elsewhere that others were leaving a gap similar size to the tile spacing. Also read that the reason for a space in between (then grouted) is to prevent water getting inbetween tile and edging, but this is above a cooker not a sink. So sticking to my initial option. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to Profile edge in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice of tiled my en suite and coming towards the end and gap down the edge is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

Profile edge > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss Profile edge in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Simac

-
Reaction score
Doing a backsplash above a cooker and will be boxing in using metal profile edging, my intentions were to tile right up to the profile edge. Is this the correct method or do I leave a gap in between for grouting.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

Simac

-
Reaction score
That I have and seems the conclusion is based on preference, I was going to go on the bases of putting the profile edge right up to the edge of the tile but then saw on social media elsewhere that others were leaving a gap similar size to the tile spacing. Also read that the reason for a space in between (then grouted) is to prevent water getting inbetween tile and edging, but this is above a cooker not a sink. So sticking to my initial option. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to Profile edge in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice of tiled my en suite and coming towards the end and gap down the edge is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen