Search the forum,

Discuss Priming Green Plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

After tanking the wetroom. I have weatherproof boards on the floor. I am concerned I could damage the floor boards while tiling the walls. Is it best to tile the floor first to prevent damage?
I assume you mean you have prepared the floor (over-boarded?) and then tanked it and you are concerned about damaging the floor tanking. In most cases I would tile the floor first and then protect it with hardboard sheets tapped together and cut a few cm away from the walls so that I can see the floor joints and there is room to fit a spacer as I work up the walls away from the floor. The alternative is to protect the tanked floor with eg hardboard and then tile the walls leaving off the bottom course; which is then fitted after the floor has been done (because I think always best if floor tiles go under wall tiles).

Reply to Priming Green Plasterboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement