Discuss Priming Green Plasterboard in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

daza1001

Hello All

Do you still need to prime Green plasterboard before tiling with a cement based adhesive & porcelain tiles 600mm x 300mm . I have primed the shower area & tanked with the Mapei Kit.

Thanks all

Reaction score
After tanking the wetroom. I have weatherproof boards on the floor. I am concerned I could damage the floor boards while tiling the walls. Is it best to tile the floor first to prevent damage?

J

Joseph Kover

After tanking the wetroom. I have weatherproof boards on the floor. I am concerned I could damage the floor boards while tiling the walls. Is it best to tile the floor first to prevent damage?
Can do, especially if the floor joints run up on the walls, or cover the floor

S

SJPurdy

I assume you mean you have prepared the floor (over-boarded?) and then tanked it and you are concerned about damaging the floor tanking. In most cases I would tile the floor first and then protect it with hardboard sheets tapped together and cut a few cm away from the walls so that I can see the floor joints and there is room to fit a spacer as I work up the walls away from the floor. The alternative is to protect the tanked floor with eg hardboard and then tile the walls leaving off the bottom course; which is then fitted after the floor has been done (because I think always best if floor tiles go under wall tiles).

Reply to Priming Green Plasterboard in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks