Search the forum,

Discuss Priming Anhydrite screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHThompson

Hi folks,
I’m just about to start tiling the ground floor of my house with Limestone tiles, the area is around 80m2. The floor has a anhydride screed which I have recently sanded and hoovered. I planned to prime the area with neat ROCATEX acrylic primer twice before I lay my decoupling mat. I ran out of ROCATEX after the first application so (stupidly) added a PVA water mix (3:1) to do the second coat. Can anyone advise if this will cause problems, and if so how I can remove the PVA?
Thanks

F

Flintstone

Not good !
I would say your gonna need to sand the screed down and start again. A few questions.
Is it heated ?
Is it dry ?
Has it been sanded ?
Are you uncoupling ?
What adhesive are you using ?

Reply to Priming Anhydrite screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen