Search the forum,

Discuss Price for entire bathroom. Is it a reasonable price? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been doing bathrooms 10 years and the first few you do are a learning curve, what ever good job you think you've done and you might have it will be 10 times better in a few years, I used to take 20 days and now got it down to a 12-15 but its everything in a room apart from cables.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
40 days....!
If you work a 5 day week that would of took you 2 month's.
Your customer must have very understanding.
You need to speed up, at present your only just earning above the living wage.
No way to run your own profitable business.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you could buy experience it would be sold out everywhere. You will get quicker with time as you learn what needs to be perfect and what can be worked round. Dont skimp on prep work even if it seems like you are going backwards, it will save time later.
Take time at the beginning of the job after the strip out to work out heights and positions of things. Even roughly set out the tiles so that boxing alcoves etc don t end up with awkward cuts

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
Ill get u guys some more pics. Here is just 1 for starters. (And it was before grouting was complete so no comments about the corner being missed ;)
And slow yes, thats why I asked about price for job because thats what counts. How long it takes is a different matter.
IMG_1114.JPG

D

Dougs Third Go

I think I'd go out of business if I charged £11.87 per hour, (based on your time/price, if you were charging per hour}

T

Time's Ran Out

The only thing I hear in my head is 40 days!
If it’s just labour then I think you have completely done the customer.
1) because you haven’t done the work within a cost effective time frame.
2) you’ve charged them for your learning on the job.

Both which I believe to be totally unprofessional.
I just hope they weren’t an elderly couple!

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
Its only the second full bathroom I've done. So yes hope to get quicker of course. Here are more pics if u still wanted...
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG
IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2308.JPG

Reply to Price for entire bathroom. Is it a reasonable price? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen