Search the forum,

Discuss Preston Wetroom Renovation in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YT233

TF
Reaction score
A wetroom renovation needs completing. Impey tray has failed. Needs ripping out and replacing with Wedi ligno tray. Tiles need removing on 2 walls boarding up with Wedi and tiling. Wetroom area to be sealed with Wedi.

2 sided glass enclosure to be fitted.

I am looking for a tiler who is experienced in using the Wedi system.

Q

Qwerty

Is it the Impey tray that has failed, the waste trap that has failed or the tanking that has failed?

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Is it the Impey tray that has failed, the waste trap that has failed or the tanking that has failed?

The water is dripping from the round ring. Not from the actual waste or the waste connection

1E3A65D8-F524-47BC-A633-9B3D213B8CE6.jpeg

Q

Qwerty

The only way that an Impey former can fail is through incorrect tanking technique (not sealing it correctly at perimeter or into trap), failed tanking membrane or no tanking membrane.

What membrane was used and how was it laìd at perimeter and into trap?

YT233

TF
Reaction score
From my understanding and memory, this was about 10 years ago. Everything was tanked and sealed as per impey instructions. The tanking back then was the black sticky stuff. Not the new tilesafe membrane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Preston Wetroom Renovation in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen