Currently reading:
Porcelthin Advice

Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelthin Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Marc just watched a YouTube video you posted where you Gary and Ray where experimenting with different techniques for cutting Porcelthin.
Ray makes it look easy with the simplest of tools. After watching it it seems hard to see the need to spend a lot of money on fancy kit, but I admit I've no experience with it at all so I stand to be corrected. Great video by the way

O

Old Mod

Marc just watched a YouTube video you posted where you Gary and Ray where experimenting with different techniques for cutting Porcelthin.
Ray makes it look easy with the simplest of tools. After watching it it seems hard to see the need to spend a lot of money on fancy kit, but I admit I've no experience with it at all so I stand to be corrected. Great video by the way
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the speed cutter Lee, works well!
Straight cuts are obviously simple enough, raked cuts are done in a different way, by using a second tile beneath as your straight edge.
U rake the tile beneath against the tile u wish to cut, follow?
Obviously the speed cutter is a fixed cutting line, so u have to rake the guide tile parralell to the line u want to cut on your object piece.
Then it's just practice and confidence! :)
It also takes practice to actually use the speed cutter without making mistakes.
More expensive cutters eliminate that margin of possible error.
That's why I choose which cutter I'm using on a cut for cut basis.
Or whether I can be bothered to lump the sigma up and down stairs haha
But everyone is different. Thankfully haha :D

S

Stef

Gary & Ray make it look easy but it's like everything else.
I picked it up quite quick but there's still a knack to getting it right.

Reply to Porcelthin Advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement