Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelanosa Ceramic Tiles?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm very keen on these tiles for my bathroom but given the price (approx £55/mtr) I was expecting them to be porcelain.

Porcelonosa Ruggine & Ferroker range.

Question is, should i be concerned they are ceramic and not porcelain?

P

Perry

if they are on the walls no porcelonosa were one of the best made tiles in the world when i used to do domestics 15 years ago not sure if that has changed

R

Rich

Its not a simple as that. Ceramics are not a lower quality porcelain. If they are suitable for what you want them for (floor/wet areas and so on) then you should have no concerns at all.

D

doug boardley

what size tiles? just make sure that if you're doing the floors that they are suitable. At the start of a large commercial job I expressed my concerns as the main contractor wanted the same 1000 x 333 on the floor as on the walls, a phone call to porcelanosa justified my doubts:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Porcelanosa Ceramic Tiles?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen