Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiles With A Fibreglass Layer? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure I read somewhere earlier, and can't find the thread now, about porcelain tiles with a fibreglass layer in the middle of them. What's going on there then?

I

Ian

That's the porcel-thin stuff I think Dan. Couple of mm of porcelain then 3.5mm of fibre glass, I'm sure Ray or Gary will confirm. There are a few others fitting these tiles now.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohhhh okay! I think it was a cutter disc related thread if I recall right. Didn't mention the name so I assumed it was something different!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

That's the porcel-thin stuff I think Dan. Couple of mm of porcelain then 3.5mm of fibre glass, I'm sure Ray or Gary will confirm. There are a few others fitting these tiles now.
porcel-thin tiles do not have any fibre glass backing .full stop .no netting .just porcelain no more no less.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the tile that was being cut that was like 4mm porcelain, 2mm fibreglass and then 4mm porcelain..?

Think ATS blades related thread.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

the sheets with the fibre glass are 3mm plus 0.5mm of fibre glass total 3.5mm went on a training day
to see how they fix them i thought i might learn .i did there not for me .or my clients .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still adamant that there's a thread mentioning a tile with fibreglass in the middle lol.

A cutting disc review that doug or mark did.

W

White Room

Was'nt me Dan but I'm sure I read somewhere that there was some problem with them separating ??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't remember why it mentioned it. But I'm glad I'm not losing the plot and somebody can recall it.

Reply to Porcelain Tiles With A Fibreglass Layer? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I bought some tiles for my bathroom wall, including a shower over bath area The shop...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi, can I use BAL Quickset Render to level and area between Hardiebacker and drywall then cover...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen