Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiles come away from Adhesive after 7 years in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

NZ_Tiler

If the adhesive was XR7, it has a short pot life. Is it possible more water has been added to a setting mix to extend pot life? Causing weaker adhesion...( or skinned over to early) The adhesive also looks thick, I can't see on the spec sheet the maximum bed thickness, generally max 10mm. With a brick bond setout, excessive packing up may have happened to get tiles flush???

It's rare but some tiles are contaminated on the backs if you have a box spare you could check this and eliminate this as a cause.

Reaction score
According to the original receipt,it's showing there are 5 bags & bottles of Arditex which is a levelling screed on it to encapsulate the UFH , maybe should have also used anti-fracture mat over the levelling screed as well

W

Waluigi

Agree with what others have said. When you say it was turned on during installation , I hope this wasn’t after the tiles were started to be laid? ......the job looks a bit rough too. Laying the Matt before the insulation boards adhesive has fully set, overlapping the heat Matt, heat Matt too close to the perimeter.

Reaction score
Could go there but wouldn't be surprised if the came back with it's not our problem ,it's an installation problem again playing devil's advocate?

P

Perry

I think there were problems with x7R. Also how thick was the adhesive it possibly thicker than recommended 6mm, which would shrink and crack.

D

Dumbo

Looking at the crazing in the adhesive . As @Localtiler said thermal , no one is going to guarantee that . Yes he should of back buttered but the tiler and the adhesive company will get out on thermal shock .

J

J Sid

problem was with Ardex 7001 or the 6001. Wasn't suitable porcelain and that was about 12 years ago.

Reply to Porcelain Tiles come away from Adhesive after 7 years in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen