Search the forum,

Discuss Polypipe Overlay Wet Ufh. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Me n Craig went to look at a 160m floor last week, at the moment its around 200mil down from finished height, concrete base..
If possible my customer would like tiling commencing in December which is why a standard 50mil S&C or anhydrite screed is no good..
Anyhow polypipe came out yesterday to spec it.
My customer has told me that their recommendations are as follows..
120 mil kingspan type insulation
60 mil liquid fibre screed
Overlay floating cement boards with wet ufh pipes in then to top it off and for a final layer before tiling..
Wait for it 10 mil WPB screwed into the floating cement boards :(
Rang polyshite today to question the 10 mil ply and after being put through to tech the guy says "yes mate thats fine to tile on" will you guarantee it then as there's £9000 worth of tiles, adhesive and labour going on top of your 10 mil ply and British standards state minimum 15mil " Erm No, we can only recommend"
Would you guarantee it if I put 10mill of fibre leveler over the pipes as Webber spec this? "No guarantees but that would also be recommend"
So final word then...can you put your recommendations in an email then I have something in writing then...10 minutes later this email arrives, with no mention of an 10mil ply I notice, so could this finally put and end to the age old question...just wtf are we spozed to do over wet ufh pipe bar follow the adhesive manufacturers guidelines and just totally ignore what polypie have to say on the matter as they clearly don't know their *** from their elbow
wp_ss_20151111_0003.png

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tbh. best course of action would be 125 mm insulation, 65mm screed and 10mm of tile.
But. This means no tiling for a while. Until dry. If you customer wants it doing properly, that's the only way.
They will gave to wait.

Ps. Polypipe just want to sell their c@@p

S

Spare Tool

Tbh. best course of action would be 125 mm insulation, 65mm screed and 10mm of tile.
But. This means no tiling for a while. Until dry. If you customer wants it doing properly, that's the only way.
They will gave to wait.

Ps. Polypipe just want to sell their c@@p
Thats the first option we gave him...said we'd be back around March to tile it...he nearly fell over, some folk just won't wait!!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

why not put the pipes under 6 bar water pressure then screed and tile the same day when dry release pressure
from pipes.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I feel your pain lads, I had exactly the same problem with poly pipe what a load of .............. can't say it for fear of recriminations (b#####kings)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score

Reply to Polypipe Overlay Wet Ufh. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen