Search the forum,

Discuss Polypipe Overlay wet UFH system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi all
Would like to ask if anybody has experience of tiling onto the Polypipe Overlay wet UFH system.
Briefly the system is polybutylene pipes slotted into preformed grooves of a large panel system that are stapled together at the edges.According to the tech data sheet the panel is gypsum fibreboard.
The system has been laid on top of a 15mm ply that has been screwed onto another 15mm ply and does feel firm.
Polypipe say it's fine to tile directly onto the system using a flexi adhesive and grout.
Weber say use a fibre modified screed,a SPF and wide flexi grout.
Bal say backerboard,SPF and wide flexi grout.
Also when purchasing the tiles the manager said due to the heat using Bal fast flex direct would be the best option.
Possibly all are correct.
Would prefer to use the backer board method but would appreciate to hear how anybody else has tiled onto this system or if anyone can see any possible pit falls.
Cheers all
Kev

K

kaharrison9

Cheers Sir Ramic
Have never used Dural ci and am quickly looking it up.
Could i ask a few questions?
Did you need to prime the panels?
How long was it before the heating could be turned on and was it staggered then 5 degree per day?
Is there any main reason to use Dural over Hardibacker?
Have reminded us i was given a Dural dvd at a recent trade day so will have a look shortly.
Kev

F

faithhealer

Give Wetdecs a call or sent him a pm, he's the man in the know regarding Dura ci

G

Gazzer

I didnt install the heating.
Dural Ci is an uncoupling membrane similar to Ditra matting.
Heating could be turned on 2 weeks after grouting at 5 degree intervals according to adhesive manufacturers spec.

Reply to Polypipe Overlay wet UFH system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen