Currently reading:
Plumbing forum

Discuss Plumbing forum in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I remember one of my first inputs to the Tilers Forum - some guy wanting to spend 3 days in a kitchen doing 3mts of splashback - when he didn't get the job he asked if we thought all the hassle was worth it! When I asked if this was a TILERS forum I received some pretty tough replies!

Some people are just not diplomatic and often on the buildings you meet some characters and a bit like myself technology is fairley new to some.
I agree that courtesy costs nothing but sometimes the questions and attitudes of the thread starter leaves you wondering....:thumbsup:

That said I haven't looked at the forum in question yet.

John.

B

BDS

I use a couple of plumbers forums,and they`re pretty much anti courses no matter which one it is,but its down to the person that takes the course if they want to learn they will no matter what.but most plumbers will give any help as long as its not gas etc etc but there is some real idiots mentioning no names but theres one forum thats just full of idiots that just seem happy to big them self up and belittle anyone else.the sister forum seems ok tho.

C

cornish_crofter

There's one forum that I visit that has a resident idiot.

The trouble is that I can see both sides. This guy regularly takes on work over and above what he is really capable of doing. He's been on a 6 week course and seems to come over as someone who over charges.

Coupled with the problem that his idea of banter is very strange, he's made himself a bit of a target. Others come on and impersonate him with very similar usernames. This happened recently and most of the regulars fell for it.

I'm surprised he's still on there, he gets so much stick. He must have a thick skin!

Then there's me, who is less qualified than him, but I don't get any grief, I assume because I don't try to work too far outside my envelope.

Reply to Plumbing forum in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.