Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic edging strips 5mm above tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good evening tilers,

I've just had some tiling work done in our kitchen and the plastic edging strip sticks out about 5mm above the tile on our window ledge and sides. I am getting to grips with why the tiler has done this - we have plastic edging around the windows and rather than rip those up to raise the tile height, he has tucked the tiles under there and so made the sacrifice at the edging strip. At least that's what I am guessing is the logic? I don't understand at all why he couldn't have used curved edging strips which might have avoided this issue at all?

Anyway, I'm now wondering if there is any way to trim down these edging strips so they don't look so naff and potentially act as a water trap? Or is ripping the tiles up and replacing them the only option?

I'd be grateful for any advice/help.

E

Edd The Tiler

Got any pics you could post? Im not following what you're saying here, so pics might help

Reply to Plastic edging strips 5mm above tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen