Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss PICTURES PLEASE! - Inside Van Pic's - Racking & Tool Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rob Z

Doug, are accessories such as "Bed Slide" sold in the UK? They're quite popular here. Let me look for some links for you.

Reaction score
Doug, I've bought three Bed Slides from this company. I think they're worth twice what they sell for because it saves crawling around in the back of the truck and it's a lot easier on your back when loading tile and bags of mortar.
Truck Bedslide and Gorilla Bed Slide Out Cargo Platforms
Which brand truck did you buy?

Do you know something, I've been thinking for years that the UK was missing something like this for pick ups:yikes:

That is first class Rob:thumbsup:

Not sure we can get them over here though:mad2:

D

doug boardley

Doug, I've bought three Bed Slides from this company. I think they're worth twice what they sell for because it saves crawling around in the back of the truck and it's a lot easier on your back when loading tile and bags of mortar.

Truck Bedslide and Gorilla Bed Slide Out Cargo Platforms

Which brand truck did you buy?[/QUOTE]

Mitsubishi L200 Rob, this one
163896_1653264124546_1025320376_31771137_7183564_n.jpg

D

doug boardley

about 30mpg andy, depends on how you drive it though I suppose, but I never hammer vehicles so should be okay.

R

Rob Z

Do you know something, I've been thinking for years that the UK was missing something like this for pick ups:yikes:

That is first class Rob:thumbsup:

Not sure we can get them over here though:mad2:

I'll snap a pic of one of the ones in our trucks, extended and also in position inside the truck. We do lose a little bit of vertical clearance inside because of the thickness of the plywood floor and the rails and welded parts underneath.

R

Rob Z

Nice one, Doug. I see the Mitsubishis here, but don't think I've seen 'em in the crew cab version.

R

Rob Z

Wow, just checked Mitsubishi's site for the US...it looks like they aren't selling pickups here any more? The ones I see on the road must all be older, no new ones.

Maybe Mitsubishi felt too much competition from Ford (Ranger) and Toyota (Tacoma).

Reaction score
Did you get your L200 fixed gooner?
yes thanks Doug, it's a bit of a story, i took it to my little garage where i have all my work/servicing done, they just lifted the bonnet replaced a rubber tube and it's been as good as gold, so i went back to the main dealer to ask for my money back and complain about the fact they told my wife she needed a decoke for £1000 Pound's and if she would have accepted they would have taken her money under false pretenses and riped us off, anyway he was very arrogant fellow, and would not pay me the money back or even accept that they were wrong , it seems to be the same with everything that goes wrong that you buy these day's you have a big performance, i like your new l200 mate they are good strong motor's mate !!and cope very well in the snow :thumbsup::coolgleamA: you should start an L200 user's group!!!

M

mart08

Just had a clear out over xmas but try and only keep tools for current job in the dispatch. Was hoping to get a new van from santa but he must of been stuck in all that snow:thumbsdown:

Photo0378.jpg Photo0377.jpg Photo0379.jpg
pencil.png

I

Ian

After seeing how everyone else stores tools etc in their vans I decided that I needed a bit more storage space. I found that I was just piling tools and buckets ontop of each other, and making a mess when looking for stuff. So I built a new piece of racking that is now home to my ts60, drills, grinder, radio, trowels, floats and a shelf for bits and bobs. Even got a bit of carpet off a mate and carpeted the floor. Only did it at the weekend and already I'm seeing the benefits and I know where everthing is!! Old pics first to save going back through the posts.
Van 004.jpg Van 003.jpg van racking 001.jpg van racking 002.jpg van racking 003.jpg van racking 004.jpg
pencil.png

Reply to PICTURES PLEASE! - Inside Van Pic's - Racking & Tool Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks