Search the forum,

Discuss Path tiling with Victorian mosaic tile sheets in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
We have some Victorian-style mosaic tiles which we need laid on our front path. They are on mesh-backed sheets so no need to lay individual tiles. Each sheet is 30cm x 30cm. There is a concrete base in place, but this has a crack in it so would need to be levelled beforehand. The whole area to be tiled is approx 10m2. We also need black rope-top tiles cemented in along the edges of the path to create a border (these have not been purchased yet).

Look forward to hearing from you if you're interested in the job.

Reaction score
Thanks. I understand from our builders that the crack should be ok as it hasn't changed in the time that we have had the concrete base down (3 years). Hopefully this is correct!

Is anyone interested in this job?

T

Time's Ran Out

The crack is not going to get any better in the next 50 years your tiles are down. Prepare it properly or your wasting your money.
Dorking path last year :
FEDB489B-41ED-4A28-B771-FAAD3C53A64D.jpeg E7A1FF7A-E82B-49CF-8AC1-537ACC5277FB.jpeg

With rope border.

T

Time's Ran Out

How do we prepare it properly then?

Your tiler will advise when a site visit is made.
Unless a photo is posted to enable a educated reply.
Always see completed work of any tradesman and if possible references.
Check the forums ‘Find a Tiler’ section for an established member or ask a Trusted Advisor for a recommendation.
Good luck.

Reply to Path tiling with Victorian mosaic tile sheets in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen