Currently reading:
palace

Search the forum,

Discuss palace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
I have used palace super grip class b adhesive for walls for ages now and find there is no stronger tub gear out there, and ive tried them all I used to do a demo in the training centre with a 9mm 30x30 floor tile, half fill the back, stick it on the wall, draw a line under it, leave in for 30 mins and bring everyone back to see if it had moved, same place on the line every time, payed £4.50 direct from palace, used their multi flex as well under a tenner done the job with no problems to date, Bal is obviously a great make but is getting on the expensive side and if your supplying materials can make the difference between getting the job or not, Bal best for grouts though

L

Leatherface

I have used palace super grip class b adhesive for walls for ages now and find there is no stronger tub gear out there, and ive tried them all I used to do a demo in the training centre with a 9mm 30x30 floor tile, half fill the back, stick it on the wall, draw a line under it, leave in for 30 mins and bring everyone back to see if it had moved, same place on the line every time, payed £4.50 direct from palace, used their multi flex as well under a tenner done the job with no problems to date, Bal is obviously a great make but is getting on the expensive side and if your supplying materials can make the difference between getting the job or not, Bal best for grouts though

Cheers Darren - would like to see more posts by people like you - forum can be a bit bleak sometimes - many newbies and not so many experienced.
Cheers :) :) :) :)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Palace used to have a bad name and sometimes names stick, there tub gear is quite stiff to trowel but you get used to it, its the no battens, non slip properties that make it exceptional, just stike up your level tile line half way up the wall and tile straight along it, level it off with your spirit level and then tile down to the floor

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Ive put ceramic tiles on plasterboard walls over 30x30 with tub stuff, because the walls are flat, if going on to uneven surfaces with any 45x45 or 60 x30, the descrepencies in the wall will require you to use a larger format trowel like a floor trowel on the wall, i would use a cement based as they are much stronger in this case, be sure to prime any new plastered surface if using cement adhesive as cement and plaster react together causing failures, use a good acrylic primer like BAL apd

E

epoxy pete

topp fix is good gear,made by palace chemicals,super grip in a different tub thats all....dont use BAL often,as i think its overated and overpriced !!!there blue star is too dry to spread ,green star is absolute crap!!!!!,white star's ok,bal grouts i feel dont have any body to them, and take ages to go off on certain tile joints,tiled a ensuite shower room in porcelain 600x 400 recently...the grout hadnt set enough to wash off 4 hours later !! we mixed it fairly stiff too....not impressed! i use ardex c2 grey floors or fs grey flexible,wall grout s gotta be ardex f 4 ...not much more in cost to bals grout range,but certainly a far superior quality of material and performance!

Reply to palace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Beginner Tiling Courses 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Day Tiling Courses? These are brilliant for a DIY person wishing to do their home. They’re also good as an introduction to the tiling game as a whole...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.