Search the forum,

Discuss New Stone Restoration Member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MarbleMaster

HI Guys,

Just wanted to pop in here and say hello.

I am Ed and run Marblemasteruk.com. We are a stone restoration and repair company offering the restoration service to clients .

If you have a Natural Stone related restoration problem drop me a PM or call us on 01707 661190 and I will try to help.

I look forward to helping and contributing here.

Regards

Ed

S

Sully

Hi Ed,

Very impressive client list! I'm based in London too and sometimes get a call for this type of work, grinding and polishing - mostly domestic but often up to 30/40 sq/m. While I have an understanding, not really keen to invest in this area and chase down the work. That said, I'd be happy to pass on a reputable name. Lot of the work is in Surrey - Epsom, Tadworth, Cobham areas.

Can you tell me more about the project at Nicky Clarke Hair Salon in Mayfair?

Thanks,
Sully

T

TilingLogistics

Ed,

I may have a job for you if you are interested. I went to look at it yesterday.

182 M2 of polished marble around an indoor pool delivered and fixed but should have been honed and matt. Needs a full grind as there is very minor lippage 1/2-1mm but the owner wants it flat as a pancake then bringing up to 200 and sealing with Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold for which I have allowed two drums as the stone is very absorbent and will need two applications. Job is in Surrey and must be done last week February but I am away abroad on another project then. PM me or E mail me if you are interested:thumbsup:

Kev

M

MarbleMaster

Ed,

I may have a job for you if you are interested. I went to look at it yesterday.

182 M2 of polished marble around an indoor pool delivered and fixed but should have been honed and matt. Needs a full grind as there is very minor lippage 1/2-1mm but the owner wants it flat as a pancake then bringing up to 200 and sealing with Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold for which I have allowed two drums as the stone is very absorbent and will need two applications. Job is in Surrey and must be done last week February but I am away abroad on another project then. PM me or E mail me if you are interested:thumbsup:

Kev

Thanks for the heads up Kev, I PM'ed you. We are always interested in developing beneficial partnerships. I have worked with Tilers for a long time always a win win for us.

Ed

M

MarbleMaster

Hi Ed,

Very impressive client list! I'm based in London too and sometimes get a call for this type of work, grinding and polishing - mostly domestic but often up to 30/40 sq/m. While I have an understanding, not really keen to invest in this area and chase down the work. That said, I'd be happy to pass on a reputable name. Lot of the work is in Surrey - Epsom, Tadworth, Cobham areas.

Can you tell me more about the project at Nicky Clarke Hair Salon in Mayfair?

Thanks,
Sully

Hi Sully,

The Nicky Clarke job was a good one but the maintenance was an issue. I think the client wanted a long term solution to a difficult to shine floor. From memory it was a conglomerate stone that was dark in apperance with little calcium to shine naturally so Micro Crystalisation was the way to go on this one.

We cut it down with diamond abrasives and brought it up to about 1000 grit and finished with crystalisation a product we manufacture.

The floor looked great but the clients cleaners were using a harsh chemical to clean the floor and it killed the shine. I dont understand why they used the chemicals because we provided our stone soap special for maintenance and explained why it should be used. In fact we always leave 5 ltrs of stone soap for our clients to look after the stone after we finish.

The sad thing was that the floors shine was gone after 6 weeks but in fairness the stone needed vitrificatiuon maintenance monthly and nothing short would do.

I guess they inherted the stone floor because Nicky's home has lighter stone or at least the one he owns in Holloway does.

Ed

Reply to New Stone Restoration Member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen